Kahlua Candied Yams
Years ago, I found a pamphlet put out by Kahlua and I posted their glazed turkey and stuffing last November and should have put in the yams to go along with the turkey but I didn’t, my bad! So if you’re a Kahlua nut like we are, this is a great recipe for cooking up those yams for the Thanksgiving dinner table. The only thing different is that I use sweet potatoes instead of yams as they are the most nutritional of the two!
- 4 medium yams, cooked * and peeled(I use sweet potatoes)
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- Cut yams in serving size pieces.
- In heavy skillet, melt butter with sugar; add Kahlua, cook for 1 minute.
- Add yams, turn until brown on all sides; cover, reduce heat and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Turn yams once more before serving.
Of course, I like to sprinkle them with some chopped pecans, I just can’t wait for turkey day…………..enjoy!