Zucchini Quiche With Sausage
I know some people just can’t make decent pie crust no matter how hard they try and this recipe takes out the pain in doing so. Bread is used in lieu of homemade or store bought crust and who doesn’t have bread in the house? I haven’t made a quiche is quite awhile and it’s about time I did just that, because my REAL man happens to enjoy it! I have fresh zucchini from the garden and homemade sausage in the freezer so I ask myself, what’s the hold up Regina, get cooking! But it is Monday and they are usually reserved for easy meals to get myself back in the weekly routine after the weekend and catching up on e/mails and such.
- About 10 slices of your choice of bread
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar, mild or sharp, again your choice
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 tbsp chopped sweet onion
- 1 medium zucchini, grated medium
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teas sea salt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Cut bread slices into 4 pieces and line a buttered 9X13 inch baking dish, bottom and up the sides.
- Layer bread with the cheese, followed by the sausage, and zucchini and end with sprinkling onion over all.
- Whisk together the eggs with the remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the prepared dish.
- Cover and chill over night and finish by baking for 50 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Sorry I missed Saturday as we had things to tend to, hope you had a great weekend and enjoy!