Spicy Tempura Batter
Another Monday and after having two days of football play-off games, it’s really hard to get going! And with the Epiphany in our past now, it’s time to start taking down Christmas decorations which I am not looking forward to at all! Suggested to husband yesterday, that maybe we could leave them up this year, he said NOT, oh well I tried! I am actually looking forward to getting our home back in order and boxing up all our little toys to enjoy next year! Today is National Tempura Day and honestly, I am not overly fond of tempura for frying my seafood and veggies, but I did find this recipe different from most!
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teas baking powder
- ¼ teas baking soda
- ½ teas cajun seasoned salt
- ¼ teas pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Dip your choice of fish, cut into 2-inch pieces, large shrimp or veggies cut into 2-inch pieces into the batter and deep-fry in oil that has been heated to 375 degrees
- Cook until golden brown and the pieces float to the top.
- Drain on paper towels and dig in with your favorite sauce.
Hope you enjoy…………….