Baked Shredded Carrots And Zucchini
With way, way too many trips to doctors this week, not much cooking was done but I did manage to get this one in. I was dying to try my belated Christmas gift from Granddaughter who got me one of those Veggetti gadgets. You know how hooked I am on trying all those things they advertise on the boob tube and I find that some of them are great and others, well you know! I did find that this little gizmo was not very fond of carrots at all and for this recipe, I had to resort to my old grater instead, but the zucchini did come out beautiful just like the ad claims with one little snag. When the zucchini got down past the top of the Veggetti it left a stub that I had to shred by hand, no big deal as I had my old grater already out………
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup minced onions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp evaporated milk
- Grated Swiss cheese (I used about ⅓ to ½ cup)
- Melt butter in skillet and saute onions until transparent in color.
- Stir in the carrots and zucchini along with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Turn into a well greased baking dish, add the evaporated milk and cover.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before done, uncover and sprinkle with the Swiss cheese.
Hope you enjoy this and the rest of your weekend!