Shredded Wheat Pancakes
Company arrived yesterday and in getting ready, I ran out of time to get in a recipe as after they got here, we just sat and visited, talked and caught up on 10+ years of not seeing each other. Grandson Gunnar, has went from a little guy to a 21 year old young man towering over husband and I both and son in law Scott, hasn’t changed hardly at all, just a little extra weight around the edges! They will be back on Sunday and I have a chore to do before they get back, cook up the present they brought to us and after we do, I’ll be back with his easy version and pics of their gift of wild game. But for now, I have not added anything in the way of breakfast lately and these sound like a winner as they contain my favorite breakfast cereal, shredded wheat, so try these for a nice Sunday morning with lots of butter and maple syrup dripping down the sides! I guess I’m thinking breakfast right now as I cooked up a big batch of biscuits and gravy this morn for them to enjoy!
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup shredded wheat biscuits, that have been well crushed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 teas sugar
- ¼ teas salt
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and oil, mixing well.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture per pancake onto a lightly sprayed preheated griddle and cook as any pancake, turning when the top starts to form bubbles and golden brown.
Now I’m off to make our first batch of Dill Freezer Pickles of the season……………enjoy!