French Fries Ala Kenny
This past Sunday was National French Fries Day and after watching everyone on Fox News chomping down on them, I was determined to have a big fat juicy burger, homemade onions rings and husband’s delicious homemade French Fries! He started making these quite some time ago and although I still keep frozen fries on hand, his are my favorite. The one ingredient he uses is Seminole seasoning which is available here at our local Winn Dixie Stores as it is made here in Florida, unfortunately, it is not available anywhere on-line that I can find.
I’m also excited as I am turning the computer over to him for the rest of this post! This is a first time deal and long over due as he cooks right along side of me quite often……….So with that, here’s husband and I’ll see you later!
Hi Guys, I have no idea of what I am doing here. This side of the posting is new to me. I’ll try to share my recipe for fries, as I usually just throw things together and hope for the best…So…here goes nothing!
- Prep time depends on how many beers consumed at this point!
- Cooking time, again depends!
- Servings: As many as your cooking for, duh!
- Potatoes..depends on how many people your feeding....right?
- Onions..depends (again) on how many your feeding?
- Bread crumbs..depends on how many potatoes and onion rings your cooking...right?
- Granulated garlic...Turn container over till it sprinkles a little.
- Seminole Swamp Seasoning..Splash it on good.
- Salt and Pepper..Make it black and white all over.
- Enough grease in a skillet to fry with.
- Clean potatoes...you can peel them if you like, but we like the skins on. They don't seem so naked that way.
- Onions...Cut into circles, sometimes that's not that easy!
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a container large enough to hold the mixture and some potatoes or onions, which ever one your frying first.. Shake till they are coated well. I like some music on while I'm doing this part.
- Make sure the grease is fairly hot and start frying!
- When all potatoes are fried, the onion rings a golden brown and the burgers are done....Sit down with a cold one and pig out.
- Oh! Don't forget the ketchup....LOT"S of ketchup!!!!
Now …If you followed these instructions carefully…you should have the best dad-burn french fries you ever stuck in your mouth…I Promise!