Mexican Noodle Skillet
This week has been a bad week for posting as our computer connections seem to be screwed up and I am going to try to get this out today. Guess that’s what happens when you live out in the boonies like we do. We live quite a few miles from the source of our internet and although our phone company is working on the problem, this week has been horrid trying to pull any service in! We do have high speed but apparently, so many people have linked in between us and our source, it has slowed us down in a big way. It seems to be working right now so let me get this recipe in real quick, you know just in case………..
I forgot, here’s my oops for the day! Wanted to make cornbread to go with this dish, was getting ingredients out of the frig and set the eggs on the counter behind me while I got out some other things I needed. Next thing I heard was splat and knew immediately without looking that I had better grab another egg! Cats got most of the raw egg and dog got to do a cleanup on aisle 6!!!!!!
- 2-4 slices of bacon (depending on how much you like your bacon :)
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro
- 1 teas cumin
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups medium wide noodles, uncooked
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes with juice (I did slightly chop up my tomatoes for this)
- ½ cup jarred chili sauce
- Grated cheddar cheese for topping
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from drippings to paper towels and set aside; if there is a lot of drippings in pan, drain and leave a light coating on the bottom of the skillet.
- Over medium heat, cook ground beef and onions until beef is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle meat mixture with salt, pepper, cilantro and cumin; add water.
- Sprinkle noodles over the top of mixture, top with the tomatoes with their juice and finally cover with the chili sauce.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 35 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Top with crumbled bacon and grated cheese.
Hey, it’s Friday and if all goes well, I will get something in again tomorrow! If I don’t, have a nice weekend and we’ll be back soon! Enjoy