Normanally Sweethot Dill Pickles
I made these pickles this week for our grand daughters significant other whose birthday was Wednesday and whose last name is Norman, hence the name I gave it. I figured we wouldn’t see him for his big day as they live about an hour and a half away and everything depends on his work schedule and ours did not fit for us to go in that direction.
This was actually perfect as I wanted them to marinate in the frig for at least a few days so they could soak up all the flavor of the sugar, hot sauce, red pepper and garlic. Did I mention, he loves, Loves, LOVES hot food and there’s nothing better than something made in the kitchen especially for him. The only problem here is that we love them too and if they don’t get here soon, or visa versa, I might have to make another batch as his birthday gift might disappear to the pickle monster lurking in our frig!!!!
- Per 32 ounce jar of dill pickles:
- 1 jar 32 ounce whole dill pickles (I used the baby dills)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 or 2 tbs of your favorite hot sauce
- ½ to ¾ teas dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- Drain pickles and cut into ½ inch chunks.
- Combine the pickles, sugar, hot sauce, pepper flakes and garlic in a bowl; stir.
- Cover and let sit for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon pickles back into jar, cover tightly, place in frig upside down for at least 24 hours before indulging, if you can wait that long.......
Hope you enjoy! It’s Friday and we’re out of here for the evening to go enjoy a nice warm fire as it is going to be in the 30’s again tonight, love it! Have a great weekend if you don’t get back til next week!! Hopefully I’ll be back to end the week up with something for your sweet tooth tomorrow, but if not, next week for sure………….