Glazed Pork Crown Roast
Today is National Crown Roast of Pork Day and with Easter right around the corner, this sounds like a nice change for the big Easter Sunday Dinner. I can remember my mom making this savory pork dish when I was young and I have to admit, I personally have never cooked one, which is strange as I think it is the only cut of pork I have never baked, maybe with my new oven, a new beginning! My granddaughter might have off this day and it would be a nice feast for all of us to enjoy!
- 1 crown roast of pork (4-5 pounds)
- ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp minced, candied ginger
- 2 tbsp light molasses
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, ribs down.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into the loin part of the roast reads 170 degrees.
- Combine the pineapple juice, ginger and molasses.
- Baste roast about 4 times during the final hour of the baking time.
This sounds wonderful for left-overs with some homemade fried rice and maybe some fresh homemade egg rolls on the side that I posted on February 17th, 2012 …..Enjoy!