Tangy Pimento Cheese Spread
Okay, yesterday was my limit on sweets and today we’re going in a totally different direction! Yesterday when the internet was down, Kenny and I figured it was a good time to get in the kitchen and do some experimenting with one of his favorite foods, pimento spread! I have always bought this pre-made in the stores for him and not something I even cared to try. Well we combined a couple of different recipes and ended up with this one much to his liking and guess what, mine too! I am now a big fan of this cracker spread that I happened to have for lunch today along with some cucumber from the garden and I’m afraid we’ll have to make more real soon and will never buy the store bought brand again! Can’t wait for our next poo-poo platter during football season and have this to go along with it and also the Kerrygold cheese from Ireland that my sister got us hooked on!
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 3-4 oz cream cheese (depends on how soft a spread you want) at room temp
- 1 teas Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teas Franks hot sauce
- ½ teas Dijon mustard
- 1 teas drained and chopped small pimentos
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese with the sauces and mustard and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the cheddar and pimentos and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
Get out the Triscuits, here I come…………….enjoy! Have a nice weekend…………….