Creamy Raspberry Pie
What more could you ask for during the hot days of summer? Today is National Raspberry Cream Pie Day and berries are in season and readily available. Actually you can substitute different berries in this recipe, it’s all a matter of taste! You can even use frozen berries if fresh is not an option for you. Nice easy recipe that’s quick to make and so refreshing!
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teas milk
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 teas fresh lemon juice
- 1 teas vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries (if using frozen, thaw and drain before adding)
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar, cream cheese and milk until light and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla, blend well.
- Fold in the whipped topping, followed by the berries.
- Spoon into the pie shell and chill well before serving.
Can you tell that I’ve been on a sweet kick lately, not to mention fruit? I think it’s something to do with the weather, as it’s not conducive to be baking much of anything with the humidity and rain. Of course this recipe does not include baking, so maybe, it wouldn’t be another kitchen disaster after all! Enjoy…….