Brownie Pie With Walnut Crust
I have been meaning to add this recipe for two weeks now. It’s what I made husband for his b’day treat and it was so, so good! This recipe was in the 2015 Farmer’s Almanac and I believe it comes from a Comfort Food recipe book as it shows a picture of it. Of course we had it with some of our homemade vanilla ice cream and everyone enjoyed it to no end. One word of advice though, it is very, very rich so make sure your sweet tooth is ready, willing and able! I used a walnut pie crust made from scratch but you can use any crust you deem fit for this sweet and savory treat during the holidays, I think I’ll make little individual pies so I can give them away with some homemade cookies. I also want to try this recipe with pecans and butterscotch chips at that time and maybe a cream cheese pie crust, oh wow! I’ll give you an update at that time…………
- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust that has been refrigerated
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1-1/3 cups of chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teas vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ teas salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of the chocolate chips and heat for a few seconds more; remove from heat and stir to cover chips with butter.
- Set aside for 5 minutes and whisk to smooth.
- Combine the eggs, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to blend.
- Add the melted chocolate and whisk again.
- Add the flour and salt and stir until combined.
- Stir in the nuts with the remaining chips.
- Scrape batter into pie shell and smooth the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a crust develops and the pie slightly rises.
- Let cool on a wire rack slightly and serve warm.
Hope you enjoy as much as we did here…………..
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook or join our news letter to keep up with the latest recipes.