Dill Pickles Candy Style
From an older cookbook I have on BBQ’s, this recipe is one that husband is dying to try! I promised I would make them in the very near future and maybe for our cookout this weekend although the recipe says to let them sit for a week before using. Not one for sweet pickles myself, I’ll stick to my plain dills, but Kenny loves his sweet pickles and this comes right in time for our poo-poo platters we’ll be making for the football season. Can’t wait for the first real game of the season and it’s right around the corner!
- 1 jar (quart size) whole dill pickles
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pickling spices
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and pickling spices; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain pickles from the juice they're packed in and slice pickles into ¼-inch pieces; place back into they're jar.
- Strain spices from vinegar mixture and pour the syrup over the pickles.
- Replace lid and store in the frig for 1 week before serving.
I know they won’t be in the frig that long before husband starts to nibble on them………..enjoy!