Sweet Raisin Bread
On Christmas morn, Kenny and I like to have something light to tide us over, sometimes it’s some sweet rolls and sometimes it’s just some toast with our coffee. This is a wonderful way to start off the morning, make it the day before, slice it up and pop it in the toaster. I have not tried this recipe yet, but love raisin bread and it’s even good to make French toast for a change of pace served up with lots of butter, syrup and extra raisins on top!
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk
- 1 pkg quick acting yeast
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teas cinnamon
- ½ teas nutmeg
- 1 teas vanilla
- 1 teas salt
- 4-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup raisins
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk, mixing well.
- Combine the butter, eggs and sugar, mix and add to the yeast mixture, beating well.
- Add the spices and vanilla, mix.
- Stir in the flour and raisins, mix.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead well.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, flip and cover.
- Let rise for about 2 hours, punch down and let rise again for about 45 minutes.
- Knead again, about 10 times, divide in 2 and shape into loaves.
- Place loaves in greased loaf pans and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
Hope you enjoy no matter when you decide to try it!