Bacon Flavored Party Mix
Today is National Pretzel Day and it reminds me of my friend Bonnie who posted a recipe for a soft pretzel with a chocolate custard spread back in February that is awesome, just click on the soft pretzel link and it will take you right to it! I have always been a big pretzel fan and husband and I like to dip the crunchy ones in onion dip at lunchtime to go with our sandwiches. This recipe is great for those Saturday night poker games or just for munching on during a movie! When kept in an airtight container, it keeps for some time.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup bacon drippings
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp accent
- 10 or more dashes of hot sauce
- ½ small box of spoon sized shredded wheat
- ½ small box Cherrios
- ½ small box Wheat Chex
- 1 small box Rice Chex
- 16 oz salted peanuts
- 1 small bag of pretzel thins
- 1 small box of Cheez-Its
- All the ingredients should make about 2 gallons of mix
- Melt butter and bacon drippings; add seasonings.
- Combine the cereal, pretzels, nuts and crackers in a large roasting pan and drizzle bacon mixture over, mixing to coat.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool and store in airtight containers.
Of course, you can use any of your favorite cereals, crackers or nuts for this recipe, it’s the bacon that makes it…….enjoy!