Macaroni Salad With Bacon
Well, I hope everyone had a nice weekend and now it’s time to start our plans for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend with lots of great foods on the barbie and all the trimmings to go with. Not quite sure what we’re planning on yet, but I do know there will be lots of potato salad and cole slaw getting prepared in our kitchen and I might even throw this salad in the mix too as it’s like the BLT of salads. I always end up preparing way too much food on these kind of holidays as it is just the two of us, however, the good part is that I don’t have to cook for a few days afterwards in order to clean out the frig!
- 1 pkg (8 oz) elbow macaroni
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tomatoes, diced small
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Lettuce and croutons for serving
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and refrigerate to cool.
- Cook bacon until crispy, drain and crumble.
- Mix together the mayo with the macaroni; stir in the bacon, onions and tomatoes.
- Whisk together the olive oil and the remaining ingredients and pour over the tossed salad.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce and top with croutons.
Hope you have a great cook out and enjoy!