Jackie Sheerer’s Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche
Last week when daughter came over for the bonfire, she brought a piece of this delightful quiche hoping that dad could eat it after his mouth procedure and sure enough it was a hit with both of us! Isn’t it funny how husband can always eat anything when it comes to hamburger meat, ha ha? Matter of fact, the stores better be putting chuck roasts on sale soon or my freezer will be lacking it’s one main supply for my kitchen, fresh ground chuck, as I have been going through a lot of it here of late and Sunday with Kenny’s birthday here, I will be making one of his favorite dinners, MEAT LOAF! Not sure which one to make yet, but that really doesn’t matter as he loves them all as long as there are homemade mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and homemade rolls.
Now back to the quiche…. Jackie knows that I love to cook and gave Michelle a piece of her quiche for us to try. When I asked her if I could have the recipe and if I could post it on Mama, she said sure, why not? Love people like that, don’t you? The day after receiving the recipe, it was in my oven and enjoyed for dinner that very same night and by the next night there were no signs of it left and not nary a crumb left for our poor pooch!
So with that, here’s the recipe for you to enjoy too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup half & half
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese, Jackie said you could also use Swiss
- Garlic and white pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef and onion; drain off the drippings and add the crumbled bacon.
- Press into the bottom and sides of a deep-dish pie plate.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour mixture into the burger shell.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until set and top is golden brown.
Hope you enjoy and thanks again Jackie………