Spicy Sweet Grouper Filets
Got a surprise phone call last night and found out that our son-in-law and grandson will be coming to Florida next week and will be stopping by on their way to and from a fishing trip to the gulf coast. I told him, that if he was going fishing and if he wanted me to fix some good viddles while he was here, that he better bring us back some fresh caught grouper or I wasn’t gonna feed him on his way back home! Of course, he’s the type you can have fun bantering with and he knows I was only kidding, or was I? This grouper recipe can be cooked in your broiler or on the grill!
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 teas curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 grouper filets, ¾-inch thick and about 1-1/2 lbs
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Whisk together the honey, mustard, lemon juice, curry and salt.
- Place the grouper in a single layer in a shallow dish and brush with half the honey mixture; turn over and brush with remaining mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade and place on a broiler pan; reserve marinade.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 10-12 minutes (turning halfway through) or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting with reserved honey mixture several times during the broiling time.
- If cooking on the grill, place filets on a well greased BBQ rack and cook about 4 inches above medium-hot coals for about 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Again, fish will be done when it flakes easily with a fork.
It’s time to really start barbecuing…………Enjoy!