Sangria Honey BBQ Sauce
Daughter got to come out for Labor Day and I promised her some ribs on the grill along with all the normal side dishes including cole slaw, potato salad and corn bread! It is so sweet to have her back into our lives after years of having to avoid us due to a husband that was paranoid of people?; so sad as she is a people person like her mom and he is also very lovable………..
You can use this sauce to baste about anything you want to, including pork or chicken or you can also use it as a marinade for them, so here we go…………
- 2 cups sangria wine, homemade or store bought (didn't have any homemade unfortunately!)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ mustard, I used Dijon but next time I think I might try some horseradish!
- 1 tbs minced sweet onion
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ½ teas lemon zest
- About 4 pounds of cooked ribs, I used baby backs
- Cook or smoke ribs the way you like them!
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes to slightly thicken and sauce is reduced by about half.
- Place cooked ribs over medium-high heat on your grill and brush with sauce; turning and basting frequently until heated and done to you desired taste (I like mine a little seared on the outside).
- Serve with remaining sauce for dipping...........
These babies melted in our mouth and reminded Kenny of ribs we used to serve in a restaurant where I used to work; he was a happy camper! Daughter Michelle wasn’t too bashful either as she ate her fair share, but I wasn’t keeping tabs………….enjoy!
On another note, I am writing this on 9/11/15, only 14 years after the horrific attacks on our homeland and I remember that day like it was yesterday! Please join me in prayers for the families that lost loved ones on that day and pray that it never happens again in our home, the great United States of America; may she forever stand tall……………