Fresh Mint Basting Sauce For Lamb Chops
As a lot of you know, lamb is NOT on Kenny’s food chain but it’s right up there on mine! Husband starting cooking my treats on the grill years ago and I have to admit that they’re so yummy as he grills them to perfection for me! Of course he usually has Kielbasa, one of his favorites and one that is not on my food chain whats so ever…. I had just bought a mint plant and wanted to experiment with it on the chops that I had purchased, Kenny was a little disappointed that he wasn’t cooking them in his usual way but he got over it when I couldn’t stop bragging on how good they tasted after I devoured them. However they will not be bought too often as the price this year was pretty steep, a whopping $8.00 for three small loin chops (I’m not a cheap date all of the time)! I guess all meat is skyrocketing and more veggies will be in store for all of us this year, if we can afford THEM, thank God for the garden!
- Make ahead of time for grilling and this will do 3 chops nicely.
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint, minced fine
- ⅓ cup butter
- Generous dash of garlic powder
- 1 teas cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter with remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let set until ready to grill, at least an hour to meld mint flavor.
- Grill chops over low heat, turning and basting often with butter mixture until done to your liking.
- Medium is the optimal wellness for the best flavor unless you're like husband who has to make sure everything is dead as a doornail!
- Adjust recipe for amount of chops you're cooking and quadruplicate for a medium leg of lamb.
Hope you enjoy as much as I did……….Have a nice weekend, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere and I hear a brew calling my name!