Today is Pigs-In-A-Blanket Day and there’s not too much you can do to change that recipe, so I decided to do up a dish for hot dogs that’s kind of sweet and spicy and very easy to make. Just toast up some hot dog buns and slap it on. Wasn’t suppose to be here today but uncontrolled circumstances changed our plans, no problem! We will probably not be home tomorrow, plans as of now, so I will try to get tomorrow’s recipe in later today for then. This is also a great recipe to make ahead of time for a BBQ party, just make sure you make enough to go around!
- 1 can (14 oz) shredded sauerkraut, with juice
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped small
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped small
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp bacon drippings
- Dash of hot sauce
- ½ lb hot dogs, sliced
- Combine all ingredients, save the hot dogs, in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil; add hot dogs.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes to blend the flavor.
Love this with Nathan’s hot dogs……………enjoy!