Tangy Chicken Wings
As some of you may not know, tomorrow, July 29, is “Chicken Wing Day”! The first time this was celebrated was back in 1977 up in Buffalo, New York where the mayor proclaimed the holiday, is this where we get the term Buffalo Wings? Now for those of you lucky enough to have a Hooter’s nearby, you can visit them tomorrow and buy 10 wings and get 10 free, what a deal! It’s on our agenda this week to head for Gainsville to do a little shopping and of course, Hooter’s will be one of our pit stops for some grub and for husband to check out the babes! Wish we had one of their restaurants closer than 1-1/2 hours away, but that’s what happens when you choose to live in the boonies! Anyway, if you can’t get out for some wings tomorrow, why not try these, they’re not Hooter’s version but they are good:
- 1 bottle (10 oz) soy sauce
- 2 teas freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teas horseradish mustard
- 24 chicken wings
- Garlic powder
- Combine the 1st 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish and mix well.
- Add wings, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain wings, reserving the marinade for basting.
- Place wings in a shallow baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours, turning and basting with the marinade frequently.
- Discard any left-over marinade.
- Sprinkle wings with desired amount of garlic powder and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until crispy.
If you make it to Hooter’s tomorrow, say hi to the girls for my husband and have a beer for me…………Enjoy!