Honey & Sour Cream Pound Cake
As you all know by now, I am on a vendetta to fatten up husband, at least a little bit, ha ha! Okay, not fattening him up for the slaughter so get your minds back on the right track here! As he loves his strawberries and since they are in peak season here in Florida, we love pound cake smothered in strawberries and topped with whipped cream, pound cake with homemade ice cream or a platter of fresh cut fruit with pound cake on the side. Oh, and the pound cake doesn’t go too bad with the coffee in the morning either……….. I swear, I have done more baking of sweets lately than I think I ever have before in the same time period; the doc should have never told us that Kenny’s sugar level was excellent!
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teas baking soda
- ½ teas salt
- 5 eggs at room temperature, separated
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 cup of sour cream at room temperature
- 2 teas vanilla extract
- Sift the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy; beat in honey to combine.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until thickened and add to butter mixture, beating until smooth.
- Stir sour cream and add to butter mixture, mixing well to combine.
- Add flour mixture and mix well again.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into the the batter.
- Pour into a greased 10-inch tube pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done.
Not our favorite pound cake, but it still hits up there near the top. Hope you enjoy any which way you choose……….Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and Twitter and join our Saturday news letter..up there..at the top.. to keep up with the latest recipes.