Cottage Cheese Potato Salad
This one is for husband, as I am not big on cottage cheese nor hard boiled eggs! If I make this recipe, I divide the recipe in two and just add mayo and a little vinegar to mine and let him eat the other half with the cottage cheese, sounds fair, doesn’t it? With summer temps already here, Kenny and I will be eating a lot of salads and fruit along with much BBQ and all the trimmings that go along with it, so here’s another salad to add to your recipe box…………
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 cups cooked potatoes, cut as for potato salad
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup sliced radishes
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup cottage cheese (whatever you use, Kenny prefers the smooth and creamy and I have to cut back a little on the mayo)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine the eggs, potatoes, bacon and remaining veggies; gently toss to mix.
- Mix together the cottage cheese, mayo, salt and pepper; fold mixture into the potato mixture.
- Chill well before serving.
Hope you enjoy at your next picnic or cook-out!