Pigs In A Bacon Burger Blanket
Got this idea from a restaurant that was cooking for Fox News one weekend awhile back and thought it would be a great idea for Super Bowl Sunday! They wrap a whole dog for their restaurant but I made them as a finger food…. They didn’t say what ingredients were used, just that it was a hot dog stuffed in burger meat and then wrapped in bacon. I thought to myself, okay, you put relish and mustard on top of the dogs and onion and dill pickle on top of your burger so why not put those ingredients into the burger meat?
For this recipe I will only use one bun size hot dog which will make 8 nice size balls and you can multiply that for desired amount you would like to make……….
- 1 bun size hot dog, cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ lb lean ground beef
- 8 strips of bacon cut in half
- 3 tbsp chopped onion, I used sweet
- 2 large tbsp dill relish, you can also use sweet
- 2 tbsp horseradish mustard
- Combine the burger meat with the onion, relish and mustard, mix well.
- Take a scoop of meat about the size of a rounded tablespoon and place 1 piece of the hot dog in center, surrounding the hot dog completely with the burger.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around one side and then another piece around the opposite side.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven on a shallow baking sheet, do not use a cookie sheet as the grease will run off into your oven.
- Cook until bacon is done, turning occasionally for about 20 minutes.
It’s Saturday and I’m out of here until next week when husband and daughter will be taking the spotlight in the kitchen, OH God help us all…….. Have a great weekend and enjoy the big game tomorrow, til then!