Hi folks, I’m running a little late today as we went out to beat the turkey shoppers of next week and I call them turkeys for a reason, who in their right mind would fight the crowds in the grocery stores next week? I hope I didn’t offend anyone out there, but I like to get my shopping done early and avoid the crowds, so I can spend time in my kitchen getting everything ready for the big day! It’s bad enough I have to go renew my driver’s license next Tuesday before it expires on Friday and it’s been crazy around here trying to find all the things required to renew! Last time you just showed up with your old license and that was it. Now you have to have all sorts of documents proving who you are, where you live and a marriage license to prove your change of name, INSANITY to say the least! Well today is National Guacamole Day and I thought I’d share this recipe for those who don’t like avocado or for those who can’t buy them fresh, so on with the shoe!
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen English peas
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilies
- 1 teas lime juice
- ½ teas cumin
- ¼ teas salt
- Hot sauce to taste
- 3 tbsp finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, chopped tomato
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Cook peas just until tender, drain well.
- Puree peas in blender; add the next 6 ingredients and process until well blended.
- Chill mixture until serving time, mixing in the onion and tomato at that time.
- Top with the fresh cilantro.
You know how to serve them, get out the tortilla chips and enjoy!