Syrup Infused Pork Balls
Hey guys, gonna make it short tonight but wanted to add something that you might like to try tomorrow for your Sunday morning breakfast! Easy, simple and oh so scrumptious! I want to experiment with this one a little more and I hopefully will give you an even richer version for waffles next week, just don’t count all the calories please, as it is only a suggestion. Kenny and I loved this and will do it every time we enjoy a breakfast of waffles or pancakes! The syrup just sunk into the pork meat and gave it an extra UMPH! Do I have your attention yet? Waffle or pancake topping from out of the ordinary….
- ½ lb bulk breakfast sausage, not links
- 1-1/2 cups maple syrup, I used roasted pecan
- Oops, that's it!
- Roll sausage into about ½ inch balls.
- Saute until golden brown on all sides and sausage is well cooked; drain of fat if any.
- Add syrup and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve over your favorite waffles or pancakes.
Hope you enjoy and have a great Sunday. Football is back and so far Husband and I are tied with games so far, Wifey says that will change in her favor, hear me Husband…….. Probably sleeping on the couch again tonight, ha ha!!!!