Kick Butt Baked Tater On The Grill
Hey Guy’s, I’m going to try my best to give you a recipe for one of the best Kick Butt Taters you can cook on a grill. I have been doing my potatoes like this for some years now and not once did I write down any ingredients…NOT ONCE!
Guess you figured it out…This is Kenny talking here!
So…I guess I’ll have to give you one of those recipes that call for a little this and a little that and a whole lot of common sense. Are you ready?
Oh…you might want to get a pencil and paper…you know…you don’t want to forget anything…silly!
- How many people are going to be there? Select a nice size potato for each person. Reason being..they will not want to share!!
- Get yourself two pieces of bacon for each potato. Gotta have lots of bacon!
- Grab the salt, pepper,granulated garlic and Seminole swamp seasoning.
- A stick of butter and a butter knife.
- Enough tin foil to wrap each potato.
- Now your ready!
- You can add some chives just for the hell of it....
- Wash the potatoes (you knew that..didn't ya).
- I'm going to explain this one time...then you do it to the rest of the potatoes...Got It!
- Put a slit in the potato, jjjuuust enough to put a slab of butter in there. Squeeze it shut.
- Sprinkle on all the spices...and don't be shy, put some kick butt on there!!!!
- Wrap the potato with the TWO pieces of bacon.
- Wrap potato with the tin foil. Wow! I almost forgot..wrap them twice if your cooking them directly on the coals.Try not to rip the foil, because you don't want to lose all that butter and bacon grease. I hate to see anyone trying to lick hot tin foil. It's not pretty.
- Cook (on the grill) on medium heat for 45 minutes to an hour or until you hear that bacon sizzling.
- Serve hot with a scoop of sour cream..if that's what you want. I like mine with steak and ale. :-)
I hope you enjoyed my recipe for one awesome Kick Butt Baked Tater. I got a feeling Regina might want me to do more recipes cause I’m so darn good at it. Let me ask…What do YOU want me to cook next? I need ideas here!!