Fried Noodles And Cabbage
Years ago, a friend of ours cooked this dish for us when she came over for dinner. She said her sister gave her the recipe but she took it one step further by frying it off after it was assembled and the results were much to our liking. I have also added a little extra to the recipe by adding beef or chicken bouillon, depending on what meat we’re having, to the cooking water. Also when I make it, I make enough for a couple of meals, saving half of the mixture and frying it up fresh right before dinner and sometimes I even just reheat it without frying it, as it’s great either way! You can also add the taste of onion by throwing in some chopped onion when you cook the cabbage!
- 2 cups medium wide egg noodles
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 teas chicken or beef bouillon granules
- Butter for frying
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, seasoning water with the bouillon; drain, saving water for the cabbage.
- Cook cabbage in the same water until crisp-tender; drain and mix with the cooked noodles.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add desired amount of noodle mixture and cook until golden brown, turn and brown other side.
- Approximately 4 servings
This is just a very simple recipe, but so good………….Enjoy!