Fried Green Tomato BLT
Again today I am going to start off with something different than today’s recipe. Kenny and I are great-grandparents again! Niklaus Harper Norman came to us last night at 7:48 last night weighing in at 8 lbs 13 oz and a whopping 21-1/4 inches, OMG he’s gonna be a tall one…………. Kudos to daddy Eric, mommy Chey and of course big brother Urlic, love you guys!
If you’re anything like my Husband, he thought this sounded weird (kinda like him, I suppose, ha ha)! As a Southern boy through and through and a lover of his fried green tomatoes and his bacon he shocked me with his reply; it was, “That sounds crazy to me!”. This wasn’t an original idea from yours truly but was inspired by a Chef Curtis who is a spokes person and chef for our local Winn Dixie and Harvey’s supermarkets here in Florida. Guess what folks, Husband loved it and is chompin at the bit for me to make them again in the very near future!
- Amounts depend on how many servings you are making
- Green tomatoes (for the 2 of us, I fried up two small to medium green tomatoes
- Bacon (for 2, four slices)
- Bread of your choice
- Fry or bake bacon, drain.
- Fry slices of green tomatoes about ¼ inch thick, dipped in beaten egg and dredged in seasoned flour, until browned on both sides and fork tender. Drain on rack over paper towels.
- Toast bread, spread with mayo and assemble with fried tomatoes, bacon and lettuce.
Well off to hopefully talk to the new parents of Niklaus and finish up some dinner here………….. And of course, tomorrow is back to more of my extreme decorating for Christmas; family thinks I’m wacko, but they sure do enjoy it as I hope you enjoy these samwiches, Kenny’s version of sandwiches!