Corn And Okra Skillet
Our okra was one of the veggies we had planted this year and we never got one taste of it after Debbie! All the okra in the stores looked horrid and I refused to buy it, so no fresh okra for us until possibly this fall if we manage to dry out enough to plant. This recipe is a nice combo of veggies and very flavorful.
- 1 small sweet onion, cut in strips
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn cut off the cob
- 1 cup fresh okra, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ teas salt
- Dash of garlic salt and white pepper
- Dissolve bouillon in the boiling water and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet and cook onions and peppers over low heat until partly softened.
- Add all ingredients to the skillet, cover tightly and simmer, stirring several times for 5-10 minutes or until okra and corn are tender.
Hope you enjoy!