Upon talking with my sister today, she shared the fact that she had to turn on her heat yesterday while babysitting her grand-kids, as they were chilly! Here in Florida, we are sweltering and Kenny couldn’t even stay outside to do some work; yesterday at 5 PM we were still pegging 95 degrees in the shade and not a breath of fresh air was moving. So with that thought I bring you but yet another way to fix a tasty cole slaw to beat the heat. Didn’t know what to add today and my sister mentioned having fresh corn on the cob and I thought of this oldie but a goodie and another very simple recipe to make.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn sliced off the cob (2-3 ears depending on size)
- ⅓ cup chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped pimento, drained
- ¼ cup mayonnaise*
- ¼ cup sour cream*
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- * If you like your salad a little moister, you may want to double the amounts of mayo and sour cream.
- Combine all veggies together and set aside.
- Whisk together the mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper; pour over veggies and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Today is National Root Beer Float Day and if you live near an A&W Root Beer Restaurant (lucky you), hop on down and get a free float which they will be serving until they close tonight! Enjoy one for me as I miss having one anywhere close to where we live.