Banana Bread French Toast
Want something different for that special Sunday morning breakfast with the family? Make your favorite banana bread the day before you want to make this special treat, I make the Creamy Banana Nut Bread that I posted back on December 13, 2011 as it is my favorite recipe for this bread. I like to serve it with a praline syrup to compliment the pecans in the bread. Husband is not overly fond of this one but I love banana nut bread cooked up this way, so he gets plain old white bread and I have mine made with this recipe right after I make my banana bread. This month is National Hot Breakfast Month and today is National Banana Bread Day, so I’m trying to kill two birds with one stone as we still have lots of work to do in the kitchen!
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 teas vanilla
- ¼ teas nutmeg
- ¼ teas cinnamon
- Unsalted butter for cooking
- Mix together all ingredients, save the butter, and blend well.
- Cut banana bread into ¾-inch slices.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Brown on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- If using a small skillet, keep cooked slices in a 250 degree oven until you are done and add more butter to the skillet with each addition of toast.
Hope you enjoy!