Taco Quiche-One of Regina’s favorite…and mine.
Hello strangers! After a little physical problem for Kenny last week and a computer glitch afterwards, things are seemingly back on track. Husband scared the living daylights out of me which ended up with a trip to the ER and then a transfer to a hospital a little over an hour from home. I wanted to stay with him but with having animals that needed attention at home, it was a daily trek to and fro until we got the word that everything looked fine and he could come home. Of course, I think they would have thrown him out anyway after he found out that everything was okay and started really nagging doctors and nurses to get him the Hell out of Dodge! Oh, and then the trip home with me driving was my biggest nightmare, as he kept telling me how to drive especially through the severe thunderstorm we had to go through with a white out rain, lightening and hail. Upon walking through the front door, I headed right to the frig for a well deserved cold one, then I was fine! Husband is still doing great thanks to the good Lord!!!
I actually made this quiche before all the trauma started and after I got my editor-in-chief back home, we had some computer problems so I was unable to do much. Then factor in that our daughter moved out and I needed to get the spare bedroom ready for company next week. Cooler temps would have been appreciated but NOOOO, still hitting over a hundred every afternoon! Anyone want to come cook for me, I’m tired of the heat and I’m hiring, ha ha………
You can vary this recipe with different cheeses and or spices, it’s all up to you and now…………
- 1 flour tortilla (12 inch)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ lb ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small to medium tomato, chopped
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin powder, onion powder and cilantro, all to taste
- Lightly grease pie plate and add tortilla shell, pressing lightly to shape.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat breaking into pieces as it cooks until no longer pink inside; drain of any excess grease.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over bottom of shell followed by the cooked beef and then the tomatoes.
- Beat together the eggs, sour cream and spices you choose to use.
- Pour mixture over the tomatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Husband again, was very skeptical before trying, but Ha Ha, I got him but yet once more! Hope you enjoy and I’ll be back before long I hope………… ENJOY