Fish Rolls With Cheesy Spinach Stuffing
When I mentioned these to Husband, the response was not exactly positive so I only made a few and deep-fried the rest. I don’t think that will be necessary the next time as his reaction was nothing but positive. You’d think that after all these years he’d learn to trust me a little more – after 28 years….
Oh yeah, once in awhile some things aren’t that great, but they still get eaten and just not made again, simple solution!
I used fresh Tilapia fillets for this as that is our number 1 go to when it comes to fish, however you can use the fish that is most appealing to your taste buds, just remember to adjust your cooking time to the thickness of the fish used. I also used fresh spinach in lieu of frozen, the choice is yours………….
- 8 large Tilapia fillets or any other fish
- 10 oz bag of fresh spinach cooked and drained well or 1 box 10 oz frozen, thawed and well drained
- About 1 cup grated Asiago cheese, or again your favorite cheese
- 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- Old Bay seasoning
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Place a layer of spinach on each fillet and top with desired amount of grated cheese.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon and drizzle a little butter over the cheese; roll up starting from from the smallest end.
- Place fish seam side down onto a lightly greased shallow baking dish.
- Brush with remaining butter, squeeze more lemon over fish and sprinkle with Old Bay.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until fish is tender and flaky.
Hope you enjoy as much as we did because this one is a for sure something we will be having again! Have a good one as I am out to pick MORE blueberries……………..