Oh bring on the pork chops for this one! I love different types of stuffing mixes for whatever I’m cooking and a huge fan of eggplant, this one is tops! You can also stuff a turkey or chicken with this recipe and it’s just as good, but we like to serve it along with a pork roast, chops or even a side for baked ham or a steak on the grill.
- 3 cups peeled eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teas dried oregano
- 3 cups plain dried bread cubes
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place the eggplant in a bowl, cover with water, stir in the salt and let soak for 30 minutes; drain, rinse and pat dry.
- Saute the onions, celery and parsley in the olive oil until the onion is transparent in color; add the eggplant and heat until it begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Combine the bread cubes and veggies in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine the wine, Worcestershire and oregano and pour over bread crumb mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle mixture with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Place mixture in a large greased baking dish and bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or use mixture to stuff a chicken, turkey or thick pork chops.
My sister loves this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,enjoy!