Chunky Eggplant Spread
If you’re hosting parties during the holiday, it’s nice to have different spreads to top cocktail bread or crackers. I remember my mom having all different kinds of hors d’oeuvres during the Christmas season to share with guests who would stop by for a cocktail and to wish us a Merry Christmas! I wonder now if it was just to get some of my mom’s good cooking, but they never did come empty handed, as they always showed up at the door bearing all kinds of goodies from bottles of wine to home baked cakes and pies to share with us, lots of good memories of my mom during the holidays baking up a storm!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teas salt
- 1 tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
- Bake eggplant whole in a 375 degree oven until soft but still firm; cool enough to handle, peel and dice in small pieces.
- Peel remaining veggies and chop in tiny pieces.
- Mix all veggies with the olive oil, salt and parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Chill over night and serve on your favorite crackers, toast points or cocktail bread.
Hope you enjoy many happy times during the holidays with friends and relatives!