Creamy Beefy Noodle Casserole
Before our company came, I made this dish and it’s very similar to Josie’s Goulash which I posted many moons ago and even did another one similar to the original with spinach later on. I guess you all realize by now how much we enjoy our home-ground hamburger as it is one of the most versatile and cheapest beefs on the market, and we all know how much our grocery bills have skyrocketed here of late and they say beef is going up again, WOW!
Tonight one of our newest member to the family, great-granddaughter Jazmine, will be spending the night so granddaughter can have some quality time with her hubby celebrating her 24th birthday. Tomorrow we’ll be going to the flea market in hopes of entertaining Jazz since she has to be with us old fogies and so my computer will have a rest until next month. I’m hoping to come up with something easy and tasty for Sunday’s dinner and if it is not a disaster, will have a new post for us to share! So onto this creamy casserole…..
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 tbls parsley flakes
- 2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 pkg (12 oz) medium-wide egg noodles
- 3 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Saute ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up as it cooks, drain.
- Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper, parsley and tomato sauce, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes over low heat or until onions are transparent in color, stirring occasionally.
- While beef is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream and mix well.
- Layer ½ of each of the noodles, cream cheese mixture and beef mixture in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; repeat layers.
- Top with the mozzarella and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese has melted.
Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend……………See ya next month!