Pizza Style Popcorn
This is sort of an updated version of Pizza Flavored Popcorn that I posted back in October of 2012 when it was National Popcorn Poppin’ Month. Today is National Popcorn Day and as pizza and popcorn are two of our other favorite food groups, I thought this one would be outstanding for Super Bowl or even just the play-off games. I took a bunch of recipes I have found over the years and kind of put them all together to come up with this concoction that I really think the men will love along with everyone else!
- 8 cups of plain popped popcorn
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup minced dried tomatoes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teas dried oregano, crumbled
- ½ teas dried basil, crumbled
- ½ teas dried parsley, crumbled
- ½ cup minced pepperoni (optional)
- Blend together the olive oil with the oregano, basil and parsley; pour over popcorn and toss well.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, dried tomato bits and pepperoni (if using) and toss again until well blended.
This one’s for you to add to your flavored popcorn Bonnie, just remember to use your turkey pepperoni and you’ll be happy…………..enjoy!