Meatballs With Creamy Dill Sauce
I’m thinking to myself, Selph summer is not over yet, but I want the cooler temps and the comfort food that goes along with it. If we get to go on vacation at the beginning of next month, hopefully we’ll get to see some of those cooler temps they are already experiencing. My luck will be that they will have the hottest Indian Summer they’ve ever had, and who knows the way the weather has been going in the last couple of years! This recipe is great served over hot cooked egg noodles with a nice side of steamed broccoli or even green beans! Love the taste of the dill with the meatballs…..
- ¾ lb lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 lg egg
- 2 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh dill, or 1 teas dill weed, divided
- ½ teas prepared mustard
- ¼ teas sea salt
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 teas vegetable oil
- ½ cup low sodium beef stock
- ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Combine the ground beef in a bowl with the milk, egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the fresh dill or ⅔ teas of the dill weed, mustard and salt; mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into about 2 dozen balls and roll in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet until very hot but not smoking.
- Saute meatballs in oil, browning on all sides for about 4 minutes.
- Add the beef stock, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the yogurt and remaining dill.
Today is National Cheese Pizza Day and tonight is the kickoff to the football season, so curl up with a pizza and watch the game! Oh, maybe that’s another reason I want cooler temps, GO DENVER! Enjoy……………..