Wow, if you want to have a different flavor for your meatloaf, you gotta try this!
The other day Kenny and I were doing a little grocery shopping at Publix Supermarket and as it was around lunch time, a lady was giving away free samples of Olive-Feta Burgers. You know what happened next, we were both trying these babies and although I am not a fan of olives at all, I bit and loved them……… Now, some of the ingredients were not in the burgers themselves but on top of the burgers as a garnish. I got talking to the lady who was serving us and she had the same idea that I had, MEATLOAF! I don’t know if she ever got to try it but Kenny and I were rarin’ to go home and put one of these together and hence, a winner again!
- 1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped black olives
- 1 teas Greek seasoning ( I used Cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped cherry tomatoes plus extra tomatoes sliced for topping
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tbsp dill vegetable dip
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place in a loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Top with remaining cherry tomatoes that have been sliced and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
We surely enjoyed this along with some homemade garlic knots and cooked noodles tossed with butter and more garlic! Needless to say, no kisses good night and lotsa toothpaste before bed, ha ha…….(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) In Greece, meatloaf is referred to as rolo (Ρολό) and it is usually filled with hard boiled eggs. Our next adventure?
On a quick note for those of our friends who have been following us, Kenny got some more excellent news from the doctor yesterday as his heart is getting stronger as we speak! Of course now I am getting razzed about having to put up with him for much longer than expected, poor me? Oh HELL not, I mean who would be my photographer and editor-in-chief, chuckle chuckle!!!!!
Enjoy this meatloaf soon………..Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and Twitter and join our Saturday news letter..up there..at the top.. to keep up with the latest recipes.