Pound Cake Blueberry Waffles
Wow! Something actually worked this week! The original recipe is very old, hailing from my 1948 Rumford Cook Book and with not much change to the original recipe, it was a big hit here at home and Kenny had a big helping for dessert last night (an early Happy Father’s Day gift ladies, hint hint)! I guess you could have these for breakfast but, as sweet as these waffles are and then topping them off with syrup, I think they’d be a little too out of the box for me! Of course you can add other ingredients to these such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or different extracts such as almond, lemon, etc. We have been picking our wild blueberries this week and when I saw these babies, I was sure that I was going to add them to the mix. Our blackberries were quite a disappointment this year as they bloomed beautifully and then produced very few berries that were not very tasty and some even bitter! Maybe next year will be better……….. Now on with the show!
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teas pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups flour, sifted
- ½ teas salt
- 1-1/4 teas baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg yolks well and add to the creamed mixture along with the milk and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients and stir into the liquid mixture.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into batter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron.
- Waffles will be soft and not crunchy as regular waffles.
Hey guys tonight is the Honey Moon, so grab your sweetie and head outside! Who said Friday the 13th was bad? Not I, as 13 has always been my luckiest number…………Enjoy!