Taco Sandwich Bites
These little sandwiches are sure to please your Super Bowl guests! You can also have most of the ingredients prepped early so all you have to do is basically throw them together, pop them in the oven and their ready to be enjoyed by all…. But first let me share my week……………………
Tuesday we had to go to Gainsville to have a recall fixed on our car and while we were there, looked at some cars they had for sale. We were tired of having to drive all the way down there just to get the Tiguan serviced and wanted to have a vehicle that we could have taken care of here locally. Well folks, we drove home in a 2015 Equinox LS which is like brand spanking new; moved on up in the world, love it!
It took us 4 hours at the dealership and we were due to go visit granddaughter which we did do, but just not for as long as we would have liked. Urlic was sound asleep when we arrived and still out like a light when we left. Brother Niklaus on the other hand, was wide awake and Gram and Pappy got to hold him and give him lotsa hugs and kisses as he is becoming much more alert now. He is only two months old and almost too heavy for this old body to pick up, gonna be just like his older brother and daddy, BIG boy! We also got to take Eric’s pickles to him (Normally Sweethot Dill Pickles which we will also enjoy on our platter on Sunday) and as he was at work already he didn’t get to try them when we were there. When he got home though, he about demolished the whole jar before the night was over, guess he liked them, YES, score one for Gram!
Back to the Super Bowl and these little bites from heaven. Rooting for the Panthers Sunday but really don’t care who wins as we like both teams, picked them to see some newer blood take the title! We will be having Kenny’s traditional Po-Po Platter filled with lots of cold cuts, cheeses and assorted pickles piled high on all different kinds of crackers…. Can’t wait as it always seems to taste better on the actual day of the Bowl. I was so excited shopping the other day as I found that crescent rolls now come in sheets without the perforations, so perfect for this and so many other recipes! So with that I give you…..
- 1 pkg (8 oz) crescent rolls or sheet
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ pkg taco seasoning
- 1 small tomato chopped small
- ¼ to ½ cup of chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Taco sauce and sour cream for dipping
- Cook ground beef and season with taco seasoning; drain off any fat.
- Unroll crescent rolls or sheet and halve (if using rolls, press together perforations on both halves.
- Place one half on a lightly greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with one cup of the cheese.
- Sprinkle seasoned beef over cheese followed by the onions, peppers, tomatoes and finally with the remaining cheese.
- Place the other half of dough on top and pinch edges together to seal.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into desired sized squares and serve.
Hope you enjoy………… Go Panthers!!!!