Orange Creamsicle Gooey Cake
Hello every body, this is Regina’s daughter Mish. I had a potluck bible study to go to last Friday and since I work all the time I decided to make something quick and super easy.. I have been making Gooey cakes for 20 plus years now and I have tried them all sorts of ways, but my favorite is the Orange Creamsicle flavor. When I took them to church that night, there were none left at the end of our meal (Thank God I dropped a few off to my parents before I went!)… The pastors wife took a few home to her husband, she said he would love them. So here is how you make them.
- 3 eggs
- 1 box of orange flavor cake mix
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1 16oz package of confectioners sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange rind
- 9x13 backing pan greased not floured
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine 1 egg, cake mix (dry), 1 stick of butter (melted), until it is wet like a dough. Press into greased pan covering entire bottom of pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat 2 eggs, softened cream cheese and vanilla until well blended; slowly add confectioners sugar blend until all sugar is well incorporated.
- Add orange zest and fold in; pour over the top of cake mixture and bake 40 to 50 minutes the top should be golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting into squares.
Please enjoy these tasty little morsels of ooey gooey goodness. I know I have, just be careful as they are addictive. Mom said they would be real tasty with a scoop of home made vanilla ice cream. You can make them with any flavor cake mix just do everything else the same. Try them at you next event and I assure you they will be a hit. Also you don’t have to add the whole box of sugar if you don’t want them so sweet. You can also substitute Neufchatel cheese instead of the cream cheese same effect less fat, but still just as delicious. And what a sweet treat to fix for your special someone for Valentine’s Day this weekend………..