Crunchy Chicken Spread
With the holidays coming and football parties, I thought this was a good recipe for you to add to your entertaining menu. It’s better made the day before and that is what I like about certain dishes when I have company coming over so I can spend more time with them. To me there’s nothing worse than being tied up in the kitchen, hovering over the stove when everyone else is partying and having fun! The only day I don’t mind it is for Thanksgiving, and even then I prep as much as I can the day before!
- 1 pkg (3 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ teas celery salt
- 1 teas Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce to taste
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ teas dried chives
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped fine
- ½ cup cooked chicken, chopped fine
- Whip together all ingredients, save the almonds and chicken.
- Stir in the almonds and chicken into the mixture and place in a mold, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Unmold and serve with crackers of your choice
Have a great party and enjoy!