Crab Meat Stuffing For Fish
Today is National Crab Stuffed Flounder Day and this recipe is excellent for flounder but may be used with other fish as well. Hope everyone had a nice weekend and the recipes might be fewer than normal this week as we begin the transformation of my poor kitchen. There will be a lot of tearing things out and one day this week we will have to go shopping for our new oven! Actually looking forward to the project and the new facelift we will be giving the kitchen, but for today, it’s Monday and Mondays are never good for starting projects or anything else for that matter…………
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 8 oz saltine crackers, crushed
- ½ lb cooked crab meat, flaked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ to 1 teas seafood seasoning, depending on you taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine the chopped veggies, crushed crackers and crab meat in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Stir egg mixture into the cracker mixture and mix.
- Stuffing will do 6 whole flounder (1 lb each) nicely.
This stuffing may also be shaped into cakes and fried in hot oil as a side to your fish………..enjoy!