Corn And Carrot Salad
It’s almost time to celebrate Independence Day, one of the biggest BBQ holidays of the year and it’s time to start thinking about what will be on our menus for this great festivity. Our son-in-law wanted us to come up this year, but that kind of trip takes a little planning and if we were to go anywhere, I want to get away from the heat and they are running just about as hot in Indiana as we are here! Hopefully next year will be a little more convenient for us to go. Thought about this dish as corn is plentiful at this time of year and we just picked the few measly little ears that our garden had to offer. Corn just doesn’t like to grow for us here with this soil and plan on going a whole different route for our next garden. This recipe originally called for canned corn but I like to use fresh corn instead.
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp horseradish mustard
- 2 teas vinegar
- 1 teas sugar
- ¼ teas salt
- ⅛ teas fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 jar (2 oz) chopped pimento, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) sweet whole corn, drained (I use about 1-1/2 cups of fresh cooked corn, cut off the cob)
- 2 medium carrots grated medium
- Combine the sour cream with the next 6 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate over night to meld flavors.
Can’t wait for next week………….enjoy!