Chili Potato Soup
It’s still chili month and this is a quick and easy recipe for soup that will surely warm you up on those chili nights, oops I meant, chilly! This weekend we’re supposed to be down in the low 50’s at night so it would a great time to fix a pot of this soup because I will have the windows open with that nice cool temperature coming in. It seems like it has been forever getting to this point, maybe even have a little fire going in the fireplace as we have plenty of wood stacked up and ready to go!
- 1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (10-1/2 oz each) beef broth
- 2 teas chili powder
- 1 teas salt
- 1 teas Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) whole corn, drained
- Brown meat in a Dutch oven and drain off the fat.
- Add onion and celery and saute until they are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, potatoes, broth, water and seasonings.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the corn and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with corn bread or crackers and sprinkled with some grated cheese.