Mexican Style Shrimp Cocktail
I know a lot of people will be partying hardy tomorrow with Cinco de Mayo on tap and this recipe is such a tasty treat to serve up for you and your guests! I really love the combination of flavors in this dish with the tomato and cilantro. I learned to love cilantro when I worked in a Cuban restaurant as it was a staple in many of the foods that the owners incorporated into so many dishes as well as making a salad out of it!
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped small
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped small
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced thin
- 1-1/2 cups celery, sliced thin
- 1 can (46 oz) V 8 Juice
- ¾ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 large chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1-1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 lbs headless medium shrimp, cooked and cleaned
- Combine all ingredients, save the shrimp and mix well.
- Stir in the shrimp, cover and place in the frig for a minimum of 2 hours to blend flavors.
I’m not sure of our dinner plans for tomorrow, but I do have shrimp in the freezer……….Enjoy and Happy Cinco de Mayo!