Chinese Style Chicken Fingers
This is just a simple recipe and I’m sure everyone has made it one way or another. Yesterday after mowing and raking, as we’re dry in one of the spots that we call our pond and the grass was about 10 inches high, and the fact that we wanted the yard to look nice for the holiday, I wanted something refreshing for dinner without a lot of work. Kenny asked me what was for dinner and I told him chicken fingers. Before I could finish the menu, he told me to make plenty as he was hungry. Then I told him that we were having them over a nice big salad (I was just not in the mood for spending too much time cooking, oh no!). Well he settled on just a couple and I said that was good since that was all he was getting, grrrr! The amount of ingredients will depend on how much chicken you are cooking!
- Desired amount of chicken breast cut into fingers
- Per 1 egg, 1-1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Flour for coating plus 1 tbsp ground ginger per cup of flour
- Panko crumbs
- Whisk together the egg and oyster sauce.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture and then into seasoned flour.
- Dip chicken again into egg mixture and then roll in the panko crumbs.
- Deep fry in 350 degree oil until nicely browned and fingers float to the top of the oil.
Well folks, gonna go start the holiday weekend with a cold one! Hope everyone has a nice safe and happy Fourth of July and enjoy this great country we live in. And by the way, for our cyber- friends out there, the cookout starts around 2’ish and Kenny and I have planned a surf and turf theme this year with a nice tossed salad and of course some garlic bread! So, come early and leave late, we have plenty to go around…………. Don’t forget to ring your bell 3 times at 2 PM tomorrow as a sign of our freedom, a tradition started by Robert F. Kennedy back on July 4th, 1963, so let’s hear those bells ring loudly everyone! Happy 4th of July to all our friends out there!